“I cant stop writing about him. I think it’s ruining me, because I never feel better afterwards, but if I stop writing about him, I’ll lose him.”
What Each Degree of Steak Doneness Should Look Like
Therefore how long to cook a steak to achieve desired doneness.
in case youre a person like me who grew up on cooking that was literally so well done it was chewy and unpalatable it may as well have been charcoal, its okay to have red meat that looks raw on the inside. people eat raw steak just fine, you will not get sick. it ok
i only eat my steak medium rare. people who ask for their steak well done lose major points in my eyes (i mean why not just have tapa instead?)…..my mother being one of them.
1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don’t feel like it, don’t go. Don’t ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay to not know. Everyone always despises the phrase, “I don’t know” but no one tells you that it is okay to not know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don’t tear down, they build up.
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don’t like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, “I don’t think I can” or “But what if I am not able to?” and give yourself a chance. This may be cliche, but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won’t work the same and you won’t have the best memory, and you are going to wish you’d given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don’t be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make “the one” matter less. Don’t fall into that idea that your first love has to be your best love. Fall in love as many times as it naturally happens.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first kisses, first dates, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane - first times were made to be imperfect. Just because it’s messy and all over the place, doesn’t mean it can’t be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. “Fat” is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body type isn’t beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren’t happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do - make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing.
Nikki - Victory of the People. It's such a coincidence that she's named that. For she is a girl that is boosted by love and fueled by passion to reach the end of the race, to conquer it, to win it. A fourteen-year old, but do not under estimate her, she's more than that number. She lives in the future and cannot wait for the present to be part of the past. Full of dreams and hopes that she made for herself. Lack the ability to imagine for she relies best on reality. Works better under pressure. Likes to cook and bake but it can never equal her love for eating. Loves fashion but apparently it's unrequited. Miriam College has been her second home. Great listener, sucks at talking. Very open-minded but finds her self in an awkward position when opening up. You may always overlook through her and not even know she exists. At her age, she can say that she had experienced her fair share of sadness and struggles. But those things, are what makes her who she is now. She stood up made them her best weapons. Oh, and she doesn't own any of these great photographs, she wishes but she does not have the means and creativity to do so. She didn't edit any of it too, again, lacks the ability and knowledge of doing so. :)